7/2/12

Leaving Cville: No Regrets

Sometimes when you leave a place, break up with someone, stop doing an activity, you tend to have better memories of that thing than there actually were. It's why people get back together with their exes so often (and break up with them again).

via

Last week I went back to Charlottesville for work. And I instantly remembered all things I DIDN'T like about it. Granted, there are things I miss. You can be in wide open spaces in a matter of minutes. There are hip eateries all over. The people are really into living there. But I wasn't one of those people, so I'm glad I left.



That being said I did have a lovely trip there. I got to see some friends, eat at Citizen Burger (their vegan burger is made with quinoa and red beets - I'm going to try to replicate that at home), and goof around with my coworkers. All in all, a successful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment