7/13/12

Separation Between Work and Home

I have trouble separating my work and home life, and I think most people can understand the feeling. It's gotten worse since I started working from home. How do you end the work day when there is still work to be done and you don't have to leave because the office closes. I can just do some in the evening, or do some while HB cooks.. Just checking my email turns into spending an hour updating and completing tasks. I was supposed to work in my office, which would have meant I could shut the door at the end of the day, but since I have the puppy, and she isn't allowed in the office, we sit in the living room all day, where I should be relaxing AFTER work.

When I was watching The Office the other night, I saw this.




I LOVE the idea of having an end-of-the-day ritual that helps me separate my time between work and home life. I have a start of the date ritual (reading Yahoo News), so I need to think of an end of the day one. Maybe a song I sing, a walk with the puppy, a video I watch, reading a chapter of a book, a special cocktail (or mocktail if I'm going out later) that I indulge in. I'll have to think of the best way to separate the two, and it will most definitely involve turning off the computer :).

1 comment:

  1. I was supposed to work in my http://tonysmarketingtips.com/ office, which would have meant I could shut the door at the end of the day,

    ReplyDelete