8/2/12

My first Glossybox (and why I cancelled my Birchbox)

This month I cancelled my BirchBox. I just felt like I wasn't getting great products. Every month I'd see blogs about these people getting amazing things, and I'd change my beauty preferences, and every month I felt like my things weren't as good. I held on so long because I figured $10 wasn't so bad and every month I got one thing that I LOVED.

But I had kind of a bad experience with their customer service this month and just kind of felt like that was the last straw.

So I joined Glossybox. And I got my first one today. And I LOVE it.



Inside my Glossybox was:

Pedix Heel Rescue Balm


Color Ignite Multi Tone Shampoo

Color Ignite Multi Tone Conditioner


Lip, Face & Body Balm


Mineral Eye Shadow trio


Blushed fragrance towelette


So far, I've tied the Heel Rescue Balm and the Lip, Face & Body Balm.

The heel balm is great because my feet are being destroyed. All the walking the dog in my sandals in the heat is ruining my feet. It smells a little minty and while I've only used it a few days, it works great. Another foot cream I like is the one AHAVA puts out, and this one is about the same price and smells better.

The Lip, Face & Body Balm I've only used on my lips. It's corn free and completely organic so I can use it and kiss HB. It's nothing special - just lip balm, and a little unsolid for me, but I love the whole not-corn thing.

Also, you can smell the frangrance towelette from outside the container. I don't know why vanilla is such a popular scent right now, but this also smells like Aria hotel. It does smell a little bit better than some of the BirchBox perfumes I've smelled. I'm curious about how a towelette would work... would it be too much fragrance?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the box. The only thing I don't think I will use is the eye shadow, but we'll see. It may just be too hot during the summer down here to wear it, but I might be happy to have it in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment